130/80… high BP?
This week, the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology released new guidelines on blood pressure measurement. They now consider 130/80 as the threshold for normal blood pressure.
It seems many people are also not measuring it correctly! Do you sit for FIVE MINUTES without talking?
Here are the main points:
1. You must sit in a chair for FIVE MINUTES before getting your BP checked.
2. Feet flat on the floor, legs should not be crossed.
3. No talking for FIVE MINUTES before BP check.
4. No smoking, coffee, tea, exercise for 30 minutes before BP measurement.
5. Don’t stand or lie down. You must roll up sleeves.
6. Rest your arm on a surface.
7. Empty your bladder beforehand.